There’s nothing like spending time at UC Merced to help understand what it’s like to be a Golden Bobcat.
High school students and transfer students who are curious about UC Merced will have the opportunity to do just that Saturday, Oct. 16 during the university’s fall open house — known as
Preview Day. Check-in is at 9:30 a.m., and the program begins at 10 a.m.
The event provides prospective students and their families a look inside the newest UC campus, with presentations, workshops and campus tours.
“Preview Day is the time for interested students to come and find out what distinguishes UC Merced from other campuses,” Director of Admissions Encarnación Ruiz said. “Experiencing the campus first hand is a significant part of the decision-making process and will help students discover if UC Merced is a good fit for them.”
Preview Day highlights:
- Tour the campus and residence halls
- Learn about the admissions and financial aid process
- Speak with current students
- Meet faculty members
- Enjoy a meal in the Yablokoff-Wallace Dining Center
- Browse the bookstore
- Learn how students are involved on and off campus
- Meet representatives from many student organizations and talk with staff from
various student services
View the day’s
If you are unable to attend Preview Day and want to visit campus at another time, contact the Visitor Center at 209-228-6316. For more information, call the Admissions Office at 209- 228-4253 or 866-270-7301 (toll-free in California).