Professor Ghosh's research interests cover both traditional topics and emerging multi-disciplinary themes in condensed matter physics. Her group focuses on the physics of new materials and using ultra-fast opto-electronic techniques, develops methods and protocols to manipulate their properties for applications in energy storage and information processing devices.
The current research topics in her group include:
- Cooperative Energy Transfer Dynamics in Self-assembled Nanostructured Materials
- Directed Assembly of Metallic, Magnetic and Semiconducting Nanostructures Using Liquid Crystal Based Electro-optically Active Matrices
- Hybrid Photovoltaic Devices Including Solar Cells and Luminescent Solar Concentrators
- Exotic Magnetic Phases Originating From Geometric Frustration in Doped and Undoped Systems
- In Addition, Professor Ghosh is Also the Founding Faculty and Advisor of UC Merced Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE@UCM).