Why UC Merced?
UC Merced alumni have earned respect in science, politics, education, engineering, public service… you name the field, and you're likely to find a UC Merced Golden Bobcat there, making his or her dreams come true.
They're uniquely equipped to do so. UC Merced's earliest alumni helped shape the campus during their student years, just as UC Merced influenced the course of their lives. That process — students building up a campus, a university changing the lives of students — continues as UC Merced proceeds into its next exciting phase of growth.
You can jump in and be a part of it.
- Help build up clubs and organizations that will define life on the 10th University of California campus for generations to come.
- Find opportunities for one-on-one interaction and hands-on experiences that make your education meaningful and memorable.
Make a Difference
- Experience a beautiful campus that is setting new standards for energy efficiency, water conservation and overall environmental friendliness.
- Join a fun, caring community in new, comfortable on-campus housing, featuring both communal living residence hall and apartment-style suites.
- Reach out to serve the community and make the world a better place — the best way to lift your spirits and prepare for a fulfilling future.
Meet Your Goals
- Stand securely on the foundation of the University of California system — widely recognized as one of the best public higher education choices in the world.
- Participate in cutting-edge, interdisciplinary academic programs that will build your knowledge base and keep you flexible for the career fields of the 21st century — in industry, or in graduate or professional school.
- Work with world-renowned professors recognized for groundbreaking discoveries, insights and inventions.
- Take your place and exchange ideas with qualified students from all over California, the nation and the world.
Balance Your Life
- Stay fit and have fun: The Joseph Edward Gallo Recreation and Wellness Center offers intramural sports, fitness classes, exercise equipment and health services.
- Challenge yourself in outdoor adventures like skiing, whitewater rafting or mountain climbing in Yosemite National Park.
- Find support that will help you excel in tutoring, counseling, financial aid, and other student services.
- Enjoy a welcoming community full of friendly people and solid down-time options — movies, theater, music, parks, trails, sports, museums and more.